Parts and Service Representative
Title of Position
Title of Supervisor
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To perform sales and related activities in the service area in
a professional, courteous, reliable and results-oriented
manner in order to enhance the image, reputation, growth and
profit of the Company.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Assistsall customers and potential customers in a
professional, courteous, reliable, attentive, honest and
manner by identifying customer needs and providing
knowledgeable assistance to help them select the correct
product(s) to serve their needs.
2. Remainsinformed on all products and demonstrates and
explains products to promote proper and safe operation.
3. Helpscustomers with loading equipment and makes deliveries
4. Processesparts, performs assembly and light repairs and
processes service repair orders through servicing
customers, processing paperwork, ordering parts and informing
customers when their merchandise is in.
5. Helpsto maintain a neat and orderly environment, including
all product displays and work areas.
6. Acquiressupervisors approval on all disbursements of
7. Respondsto phone calls from customers or potential
8. Protectsthe store against theft by reporting suspicious
activity to the manager on duty.
9. Participatesin all non-commission events deemed necessary
by the Company such as physical inventories, sales
meetings, trade shows and special sales.
10. Sourcesall parts for stock and repairs, orders parts,
follows up on backorders and recommends stocking of new
product or number on hand to better serve the customers.
11. Keepssupervisor informed of important information
developments, potential problems and related information
necessary for effective management.
12. Performsrelated work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required.Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school education or equivalent, plus at least one year of
college or technical training.
At least six months of related retail sales experience or
Knowledge of light industrial products, hydraulics, etc.
High mechanical aptitude.
Ability to communicate effectively with customers.