Assistant to Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Company: Lee County Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Location: North Fort Myers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Assistant to Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
4980 Bayline Drive, North Fort Myers, FL
JOB TITLE: Assistant to Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Location: North Fort Myers, FL
Work hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
LCEC provides reliable, cost-competitive electricity to more
than 226,000 customers throughout a five county service territory
located in Southwest Florida. We employ approximately 400 skilled
employees and are one of more than 750 electric distribution
cooperatives located throughout the United States. LCEC has been
recognized locally and statewide as an industry leader and
continually receives acknowledgment for the work that our employees
do in the community along with other civic, environmental and
This position supports the Director of Finance & Accounting and
the Director's team, as needed. Serves as the liaison between the
Director and internal & external customers and will act as the
Director's designee in the Director's absence, unless otherwise
indicated. This includes various administrative duties; defining,
maintaining, and improving administrative processes; and various
projects as assigned. Conducts benchmarking research; develops
charts, graphs, tables, and reports; maintains departmental records
and documents; coordinates meetings/calendars and all travel
requests; develops Director's budget and coordinates division
budgets; assists with and delivers presentations; and
- Assist the Director and the various departments of the division
on a daily basis with various tasks. Handle or coordinate all
administrative functions, research issues and provide
answers/solutions. Develop and coordinate various written
correspondence and reports as necessary, including meeting minutes
as requested. Prepare and submit purchase requisitions, expense
reports, and check requisitions as required. Verify accuracy of
vendor invoices and submit for payment on a timely basis. Maintain
records and follow up on issues as necessary.
- Coordinate various projects and events, including but not
limited to, integrated planning sessions and philanthropic events
in accordance with LCEC's project management discipline. This
requires coordination of applicable project teams as well as
compilation and management of all project documentation, process
flows, timelines, and presentations at a minimum.
- Assist with various company-wide initiatives including but not
limited to process improvement efforts, market research for
strategic planning, and benchmarking activities. This includes
compiling, analyzing, and presenting information in various
reports, charts, graphs, and flow charts. Create and develop visual
presentations for the Director and/or deliver presentations.
- Compose general correspondence, prepare, and maintain various
types of documents, reports, and presentations, using Microsoft
Office software. Manage the Director of Administration calendar and
schedule appointments. Assist others in the division with meeting
planning and scheduling as needed. Prepare meeting agendas as
- Develop and track the Director's departmental budget, including
developing and maintaining complex spreadsheets and utilizing
various query tools for tracking and reporting results on at least
a monthly basis. Coordinate development and tracking of division
budgets and other metrics as needed while ensuring data
- Act as a back-up resource in all departments as needed,
including but not limited to Customer Accounting, Credit and
Collections and General Accounting. Back-up responsibilities also
include process mapping as needed.
- Order office supplies, publications, and special items
utilizing department budgets.
- Maintain adequate supplies for area. Request service for
copiers/printers as required.
- Assist with Division Travel (to exclude Purchasing Department).
This includes assisting with purchase of event registration, air
fare, and hotel accommodations.
- Maintain effective working relationships with employees and
customers at all levels within LCEC. Ensure smooth operations,
productive communications, and effective understanding during all
interpersonal contacts. Provide current and accurate information to
all requesters, courteously and in a timely manner.
- Associates' degree in Business Administration other related
field or equivalent experience in a professional corporate business
- Five (5) years' progressively responsible experience in a
support position in a business environment.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Professional Suite is
necessary, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint
and Visio (or other process flow/ diagramming application). Strong
internet skills are also required.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels in the
organization. Must have high level of interpersonal skills to
handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
Ability to coordinate information and deadlines from many different
individuals within and outside of the division.
- Strong research and analytical skills, using creative and
proactive thought processes.
- Strong organizational skills. Must be able to work in a
fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience
in financial environment.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience preparing and ensuring
accuracy and accountability of division budgets.
- Experience working with rates and/or rate tariffs.
- Supervisory/office management experience and completion of
related professional training.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
To successfully perform the essential functions of this job, an
employee must meet the physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Physical Demands: Able to sit for extended periods of time;
Able to lift 25 pounds
- Work Environment: Air conditioned, office environment
Please note that at the time a candidate is made a job offer,
the candidate will be subject to a background check and a drug
Keywords: Lee County Electric Cooperative, Inc., North Fort Myers , Assistant to Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Other , North Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!