Location: North Fort Myers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and
digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed
to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the
national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions
with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local
media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a
wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more
than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital
marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and
WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and
runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The News-Press in Fort Myers is
seeking a circulation department Operation Coordinator, Part-Time
20 hours a week with evening and weekend shifts. The Operations
Coordinator provides general support for the circulation department
by handling many of the departments day to day operational
This position is responsible for a variety of tasks and
responsibilities within home delivery, single copy and non-daily
distribution areas. The Operations Coordinator job duties can
entail but are not limited to: preparing paper work, distribution
center coverage, distributing daily and non-daily products to
independent contractors, weekly total market coverage product
delivery verification, redelivery to retail sales locations, return
and rack collections, loading or unloading trucks and assisting in
the delivery of non-daily and core products to consumers and
retailers. This individual will conduct themselves in accordance
with company policies and procedures; ensure quality customer
service and professional representation when dealing with
customers, retailers or the general public; use sound judgment and
discretion at all times. Qualified candidates will be able to work
evening and early morning shifts including Friday and Saturday
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for distribution and handling of daily and
non-daily products to carriers,
haulers, retailers and consumers. This position may also assist
delivering down routes for home delivery and single copy,
shortages, delivering missed newspapers, retailer merchandising
etc. as well as disseminating information to circulation
regarding any carrier or product issues for the day.
- Unload and load trucks containing various print publications in
- Opening the Distribution Center and preparing the DC for the
contractor arrival by printing, preparing and distributing
reports and paperwork such as carrier bundle tops, vacation packs,
- Utilize computer systems such as Genesys and RouteSmart.
- Must be able to maintain accuracy while setting up carts and
products to bundle haulers and carriers (including correct
zones, accounting for spoils, service copies, and extra
- Keep distribution centers clean and safe, picking up trash and
debris in and
around the distribution area daily.
- Assist bundle haulers and carriers with questions and problems
in the absence of
a company manager.
- Assist home delivery staff in all aspects of running the
distribution area in a safe
and efficient manner.
- Responsible for reporting to management any issues relating to
the distribution center
and/or daily activities for the distribution center such as,
pick up times and product quality issues.
- Maintain and restock supplies for contractors use.
- Responsible for mailing all newspapers daily and/or pickup mail
from the post office
- Conduct weekly Total Market Coverage product verifications by
established verification process
- Ensure all returns reporting and verification guidelines are
met and adhered to.
- Ensure that vending outlets are managed for collection of rack
scheduled, establish and track maintenance for all locations.
- Distribute point of purchase materials including racks cards,
stack cards, bundle
hangars, corner cards, or other items as directed.
- Maintains and repairs news racks throughout the designated
- Assist with training Product Handlers or Product Coordinators
- Ensure safe operating of company vehicles. Ensure that the
Gannett Safety Module for
trucking is in place and adhered to. Report any issues with company
vehicles to supervisor. Re-fuel, check oil, add routine fluids and
basic cleanliness to vehicles.
- Expected to meet regular attendance goals of the company,
relate well with other
employees and managers, perform according to company
- Responsible for personal safety and the completion of periodic
- Maintain a professional, courteous manner when dealing with
- Performs all other duties and special projects as
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &
- Experience on the job to perform satisfactorily: 3 months
- Good time management skills with the ability to perform
efficiently and safely.
- Neat, clean appearance conforming to department policy.
- Has reliable vehicle that may be used to perform duties.
- Ability to read maps, route manifests and conduct route
verification of non-daily
- Ability to communicate with contractors, co-workers, company
staff, retailers, and
- Ability to accurately count and use basic math skills.
- Ability to work varied days, hours and shifts from week to week
and holidays as needed
- Ability to work and/or drive in all-weather environments and
- Ability to effectively receive and relay information and
- Ability to repetitively stoop, bend and walk to distribute
newspapers. Will push
and pull carts loaded with newspapers and repetitively lift
bundles weighing between 1020 pounds.
- Ability to establish standards and maintain collection schedule
- Ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously within a
- Ability to function with minimum direct supervision.
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years of age and must have a
valid drivers license,
proof of insurance, a good driving record and must be able to use
vehicle to perform these duties.
- Ability to work evening and early morning shifts including
Friday and Saturday
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal
opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to
a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates
regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital
status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity,
family responsibilities, disability, education, political
affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family
- Job Function
- Pay Type
Keywords: Gannett, North Fort Myers , Operations Coordinator, Other , North Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!